Our vision at Arabic Gems is that one day we will live in a society where every Muslim will understand the speech of their Lord. That our paths will once again be illuminated with the divine light of the Qur’an. That guided by the Qur’an we will shed the shackles that currently bind us. The learning of a new language as an adult is a difficult endeavour – one that is made harder by the pace of life today and the multiple responsibilities which we carry as parents, professionals, and members of our communities.
It is with this in mind that we have sought to develop a course that is flexible enough to be accommodated within the
rigours of today’s life but with a structure robust enough to achieve the objective – a course that would provide the shortest path to learning the language of the Qur’an by appreciating the particular strengths and weaknesses of the modern Muslim learner. The language of the Qur’an can not be appreciated without touching upon the linguistic gems which adorn the Qur’an, this has been part of the course from its beginning and is one of the most rewarding elements of learning the language to students. We ask Allah the Exalted to grant us success in our mission and invite you all to join us in this life changing journey towards witnessing the miracle of the Qur’an.
Why learn Arabic?
Top 10 reasons to learn the language of the Quran
Arabic is the language by which Allah communicated with mankind in the Qur’an
Arabic will give you an appreciation of the exact words spoken by the Prophet saw to the Companions
The quality of one’s salah is dependent upon the appreciation of the meanings of what they are saying.
Understanding the Qur’an in Arabic will enable you to witness the living linguistic miracle of the Qur’an.
Through understanding Arabic, the memorization of Qur’an becomes a real possibility, as the Qur’an is designed to help its memorization.
Arabic grants access to 1400 years of written Islamic scholarship from the legendary scholars of early Islam whose books remain with us preserved to this day.
Arabic grants access to the thousands upon thousands of hours of Islamic lectures available on the Internet by contemporary scholars
The Prophet SAW said, “Whoever Allah wants good for, He grants him understanding of the religion.” Understanding the religion begins by understanding the Qur’an, which can only truly happen in the Arabic language.
Imam Malik said, “The last of this Ummah will not be reformed except by that which reformed the first of it,” and that is the Qur’an.
By learning Arabic, one develops a relationship with the Qur’an, and the Qur’an can then become an intercessor for them. Abdullah ibn Amr reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Fasting and the Quran will intercede for the servant on the Day of Resurrection. Fasting will say: O Lord, I prevented him from food and drink during the day, so allow me to intercede for him. The Quran will say: O Lord, I prevented him from sleeping during the night, so allow me to intercede for him. Thus, they will both intercede for him.”
What others say about us
- I thank Allaah everyday that I am enrolled in this class. It was by chance that I heard about it Alhamdulillaah, this class has opened my eyes to Quran in a new way. Whenever I read the Quran I challenge myself with either trying to figure out the meaning or looking at the grammatical aspect of the Quran. When I hear the Quran being recited and I can understand what Allaah azza wa jal is saying without any translation that is what gives me hope and motivation to keep struggling!.Ayan Ibrahim, Canada
- My main reason for wanting to study Arabic was to able to understand the Qur’aan when I recite it or when I hear it being recited in Salah in hopes of drawing nearer to Allah (s.w.t). What I did not expect was how fast my ablitily to understand would develop. Only 4 weeks into the second term now and I’m still amazed every week at the ayahs in our homework that I read and am readily able to translate. Alhamdulilah, the benefits I’m gaining through this course are much greater than the goals and expectations I originally had going into it. For one, I really struggled with reading Qur’aan (it would litterally take me minutes to read an ayah!) and by the grace of Allah, I am able to read much faster and a lot easier now. Secondly, the insipration and motivation I get from the rest of the sisters is amazing. Just the fact that women from all walks of life (mothers, wives, students, professionals etc) are coming together and supporting eachother for one common purpose makes me feel blessed that Allah chose me to be a part of it. Thirdly, I can not begin to describe what an amazing teacher Ustadha Ola is. Not only does she explain things in such a way that anyone can understand, but she continues to motivate us every week and is always actively answering EVERY question through forums and emails quickly (and we have a lot of them!). This course truly reflects her passion for teaching and the Arabic language itself. Finally, I was not expecting to understand any deeper level of meaning in the Qur’aan JUST from learning the vocabulary and grammer. I always thought this would come once I mastered the language. Subhan’Allah! It’s an amazing feeling when you understand more than what the English translation says. Although this is something that we just began to dive into more in the second term, I feel like the possibilty of anyone going through their life as a Muslim and not experiencing the miracle of the Qur’aan the way it was meant to be understood would be a great shame.In all honesty, I myself was halfhearted about starting… wondering if I really had the time. If I could go back, I would give my former self a smack for even thinking about passing up on such an amazing opportunity. Yes, it takes hard work, dedication and consisitency but the amount effort does not come close to the reward and benefit insha’Allah. May Allah put barakah in your path to seeking knowledgeAyan Ali, Canada
- I was very nervous and anxious in starting this course. I was not keen on online classes, especially in the evenings as my household is very hectic around this time. So there were many obstacles in my way to do this course. I made lots of dua', prayed istikhara and took the leap of faith. All praise is due to Allah the Almighty, He has made it easy for me! I have managed to attend all the classes! To be honest, there have been weeks of hardship but in all I find myself enjoying the classes and actually looking forward to them. I didn't think I was really going to enjoy it but I did. Despite getting confused at times and getting lots of wrong answers to the questions I find myself still persevering. I now feel I have more understanding of the rules in Arabic language so far, whereas before I just learnt whatever I was taught, but never looked into it any deeper. I am truly blessed to have Ustadha Ola as my teacher. May Allah reward her abundantly with good, for all your patience. It is really nice and heart warming to have a teacher who really encourages us to keep going and give us reminders on why we are doing the course. Not solely to get the highest marks in the exams but to grasp the understanding and be really appreciative of the wrong answers we get and look into the error and make it better. We have heard from many scholars, students of knowledge about the importance of learning the Arabic language countless times but I have not felt this in my heart before. For me, it was a duty to learn but now it is the love to learn and already I get so excited when you use an ayah from the Quran to show us the literal miracle of the Quran. I pray that there will be many more like this and that I will never cease to be excited with learning the language of the Quran. Ameen.Umm Zakariyah, London
- Flexible, comprehensive and taught by a phenomenally gifted and patient teacher (maa shaa Allah) you have to take this course! No more excuses for lack of time, funds or capacity…absolutely anyone who understands English is suitable for this course. I would just go for it for an investment literally of a lifetime! You would not believe how much more meaningful your Qur’an recitation becomes even from week 1 which covers very basic principles.Halimah Bello, UK
- If you are longing to understand and learn the beautiful language of Quran, please do not miss this great opportunity. The amazing feeling of reciting and understanding Allah’s words is just so heavenly! All the hard work and dedication leads you to get closer to Allah (InshaAllah). Sister Ola, our beloved teacher is full of patience. She is highly experienced and qualified, having done Masters in Arabic Linguistics and specialized in the science of Etymology. Sister Ola’s way of teaching accommodates students at all levels. I feel very proud to be one of her studentsFauzia Qadri, London
- 'I don't have the time', I'm so exhausted after work', 'my children are too dependent on me' are only a few of the excuses I offered to myself more than anyone else. However, once I enrolled and sat through the first class I knew this was my priority now. Struggle in the path of Allah and Allah will increase you. The Imperfect in Arabic is one of the most beautiful lessons among many taught in this course and is capable of softening the most hardest of hearts bi-ithnillah. This course is different because of the beauty of the Qur'an being explored while you learn. Stop relying on others to tell you about the Qur'an and start your conversation with Allah todayMeru, London
From our popular blog
al-Salaamu ‘alaykum wa rahmatullaah, For the first time ever, the same unique and highly established online Qur’anic...
Due to popular demand we have relaunched our amazing Arabic through the Qur’an course for a new batch of students...
In surah Anbiya Allah says: ” It is He who created night and day, the sun and the...
This post is dedicated to my baby Rahma, the joy of my heart, light of my life, and queen...
Arabic Gems is in the process of relaunching with all new content – watch this space!
al-Salāmu ‘alaykum wa rahmatullāh, The Story of Prophet Yunus in the Qur’an is told only briefly in Surah al-Anbiya...
al-Salāmu ‘alaykum wa rahmatullāh, So important is the concept of ‘happiness’ in our lives that many people – even...
This post is dedicated to my brother. May Allaah protect you and have mercy upon you always habibee…ameen. al-Salaamu...